I was reading some affiliate marketing blogs when I came across this post from Finch Sells.
I guess Finch can express himself through his writings much better than I can. I share the same sentiments as him and this is exactly how I feel about affiliate marketing, my business and entrepreneurship in general.
I will post some of his excerpts here:
1. For many affiliate marketers, this is the reality. We’ve given up day jobs, broken free from the chains of a Monday-Friday 9-5. But fuck you if you think it came without sacrifice along the way.
2. My weekends? If I wasn’t out socializing, I was working. The only reason I ever managed it was because to me, it was never really work. It was my passion and a step towards where I wanted to be.
3. If you never made a single penny with affiliate marketing, would you still enjoy it?
4. It wasn’t the money I cared about, it was the entrepreneurism of generating something out of nothing on my lonesome.
5. If you’re stargazing at the apparently novel lifestyle of an affiliate marketer, ask him where he came from instead of where he is today.
To get to where we are today, we made a lot of sacrifices. The journey is not smooth sailing and we encounter lots of ups and down. Definitely not for the faint-hearted. LOL.
My dad even asked me why don’t I get a job back (I used to work as a sales engineer). He said I will have a steady paycheck, weekends with no worries, have a company car to drive. Life will be good in his opinions.
Well, I can only say I DON’T like that kind of life. Those who are business owners, internet marketers or self-employed will agree with me.
On a side note, I think my dad will have no complaints if I continue to bring food to the table every month. 😛